Today I've been thinking about life, and how fragile it can be. I keep thinking how blessed I am to have Toby in my life. He could be gone in an instant, but for now, the Lord has blessed us with Toby's presence. It is so easy to take for granted the fact that he is my son, and he belongs to me. The truth is, his future (and ours) is in God's hands, and I have no control over what might happen tomorrow. Sometimes it's frightening to realize that I am not in control, but I am oh, so thankful that I can trust that my Lord has a plan for me and he is by my side in all circumstances.
I am so thankful for my precious son. Through tough days like this one, I really savor the moments where Toby will snuggle in with me and let me sing to him and cuddle with him. I know he will not always be willing to sit and cuddle with me, so I am treasuring these moments in my memory forever. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with Toby.
2 comments:
So true!!! Another thing to add to your "need to enjoy more" list is only having 1 child!!!!! Savor it, girl!
my husband thinks I am morbid for even thinking about death but the truth of the matter is it can happen to anyone at any time. Thanks for reminding us all to PUT DOWN THE DISH TOWEL and sit on the floor to read a book or build a tower with our kids, cause the time sure does pass quickly and soon they won't want to play with us anymore, snif!
Post a Comment