Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back to School

Back to School--that is a phrase I absolutely dread to hear this time of year. I graduated from college several years ago, and Toby is way too young to enter grade school, but I still fear hearing those three words. I may not be going back to school, but as the school year begins, I realize that summertime has come to a close, summer vacations are over, and "real life" begins again. My job does not change during the summer months, but I still feel that I am in "summer vacation mode," and I just do not feel like giving that up! Pretty soon, Toby and I will be staring out the window, wishing it were warm enough to play outside. The Upper Midwest is known for its rough winters, but we also have the most beautiful summers--I will continue to be thankful for this beautiful weather until the first day of frost sets in.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

i feel the same way! just yesterday i was trying to figure out when to visit my parents before school starts. hello! no school for us. it's so weird, anything after mid august seems to be school time for me, weird the way we think sometimes.