What's the significance of the number 366? You're probably thinking that it's the number of days in this year, since it's leap year. Okay, you're right, but that's not what made me write about this number. 366--the number of unread messages I have in my email Inbox! That's right, I did not say total messages in my Inbox, but UNREAD messages! And that does not include the 3,100 messages in my Spam folder, which get deleted automatically after 2 days.
How did I get so far behind? I've signed up for so many e-newsletters, recipe emails, and coupons, that I get about 15 emails per day just from those companies. I always read emails from friends, but these "other" emails, I think, "Oh, I'll read that later." And so now, I have 366 messages to read "later." It is all so overwhelming! I will most likely delete them all without reading them, but since even that takes awhile, it will become a project for "later" as well!
My husband is not all like me when it comes to emails. He reads and deletes all of his messages every time he checks email, so his Inbox is always virtually empty. I think that the last time my Inbox held fewer than 10 messages, was the week I created the email account! Maybe someday I will become an organized person, but I doubt it!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HOLY COW, Michelle! That's CRAZY! And the thing that concerns me the most is: How did you get 3100 SPAM in 2 days?!! That's a little out of control!! =)
I cannot help the spam. Those darn spammers are just harassing me--by the time I block one address, they send me something from a similar address. The Inbox messages, however, are utterly and completely my fault. This is all in my Yahoo account. I don't have any problems with spam in Gmail--I need to make a complete switch over, but I haven't done so yet.
You can tell a lot from a person by looking at their inbox ;)
I'd like to take a look at YOUR inbox, Katy!!
FYI, Denae, "Kate" is not the Katy that you know. You're right, though--it would be interesting to see how Katy manages her Inbox!
Post a Comment