Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another Belly Shot




My friend Denae so kindly reminded me that it’s been awhile since I posted a belly shot! So, here it is—this picture was taken two and a half weeks ago, and I must admit that my belly has grown even since then! I am 28 weeks along, and can definitely feel that I’m in my third trimester! I am physically exhausted most of the time…when I do get bursts of energy, I try to get as much housework done as I can before I collapse for the rest of the day!

I am almost to the point in this pregnancy where I started to get all the horrible comments from passersby when I was pregnant with Toby. At 30 weeks with Toby, a lady saw me walking on the treadmill at the YMCA, and the next day in church she came up to me, saying she had worried I would go into labor while exercising the night before. When I told her I still had 10 weeks before my due date, her response was, “No, you do not! That’s not possible!” Here’s another example: six weeks before my due date with Toby, I was going through the checkout at a fabric store, when the cashier looked at me and said, “Are you sure you should be out shopping?” What?!?! The thing that kills me is that the women who say these things are most likely moms themselves, and should remember how those comments can sting when you are pregnant!

Thankfully, I haven’t heard these comments from adults yet with this pregnancy…but I know they are coming! So far, the only comments I’ve had have come from my AWANA Cubbies (the three-to-five-year-olds I teach at church on Wednesdays). A couple of weeks ago, one girl told me my belly was getting fat—when I told her I have a baby in my tummy, she had the most bewildered expression! “How do you have a baby in your tummy?” I was not about to answer that one in detail! Another Cubbie overheard my telling the girl the baby had to grow big and strong in my tummy before being born, and she said, “My aunt has a baby in her tummy, and her baby is going to be a lot bigger than your baby!” (I wasn’t going to argue with that, either!) Last night, another girl looked at me and told me I was getting a “bad” tummy…have to admit, I’ve never heard that one before!

Well, I’d better get myself and my “bad tummy” to bed. Good night!

3 comments:

LeroyLime said...

hey girl, you look GREAT and don't worry about people's comments...just fling 'em right back and see just how much they like it! :)

Denae said...

THANK YOU!! =)
You DO look great!!
I think pregnant bellies are awesome, the bigger the better!! =)(I know, easy for me to say!)

Kate said...

I hate when people give comments like that!! I got them sooooo much while pregnant with the girls. You are beautiful and so is your belly ;)