Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Sorry


I am so thrilled that Toby loves to read books. He grabs a book from his bookshelf, brings it to me and we sit in the rocking chair and read. The other day he was picking out a book and I suddenly heard him say, “I’m sorry.” Sure enough, the book he had grabbed was I’m Sorry by Gina and Mercer Mayer (find it here). This is not necessarily one of his favorites, and we hadn’t read it in quite awhile, so I was shocked that he knew so readily the name of the book! Now if I can only get him to say he’s sorry when he disobeys! (Actually, he did that today for the first time, so we’re making progress!)

Less than two months until my due date! This is exciting and scary at the same time. By this stage with Toby, I was getting really impatient to meet my little one, but this time around, I am just not ready. I am definitely uncomfortable a lot, but even with that I’m not ready to be done being pregnant. I know I will miss the kicks afterwards—after Toby was born, I had a hard time adjusting to this! Yes, I am super excited to meet my new son, but I am also not ready to be so sleep deprived again! I’m sure all this will change in a few weeks and I will be complaining about still being pregnant, but right now, I am still glad that I have awhile to wait!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Finn also loves to read books and lately I've noticed that all I have to do is say a line from a book and he will choose the correct one to read.