We took pictures with the Easter Bunny and the Fire Dog Sparky—we tried to get a picture with Sparky, Toby, and his friend Emma, but they were too busy chasing after each other. I thought it was going to work for a minute when I told Toby to sit by Emma, but instead of sitting beside her, he tried to sit on her lap! The only thing Toby refused to do at the Egg-Stravaganza was get his face painted! We even came home with a couple of big prizes—he won two bunnies (one after taking his picture with the Easter Bunny, and the other in a lollipop drawing game), and we won a grand prize raffle drawing filled with candy, popcorn, and two movies—Stuart Little and Shrek the Third. If you live near us, come on over for a movie night!
As a side note, I could not believe how many pregnant women were there! I must have bumped bellies with at least a dozen! (Okay, we didn't actually bump bellies!) And I confirmed my theory that everyone thinks I am farther along than I am—three people told me this weekend that they thought I’d “dropped”. Isn’t that supposed to happen around 38-40 weeks, and not 32?!
After we came back home, Toby took a 4 ½ hour nap! Then we went into town and had a family date night—a cheap date night, because we used up a lot of coupons! We went to Pizza Hut and used a buy 1 get 1 free coupon (leftovers—yum!), then we went to Coldstone and used a coupon on 2 take-home quarts of delicious ice cream. Finally, we went to Blockbuster and used a rent 1, rent 1 free coupon—we got Slumdog Millionaire and Horton Hears a Who. We watched Horton when we got home, then put Toby to bed and ate our Coldstone while watching Slumdog. What a fun family day! (Pictures below are from the Egg-Stravaganza.)
The Easter Bunny!

Fire Dog Sparky
No comments:
Post a Comment