Thanksgiving through Christmas season is notorious for being such a busy time of year. Normally, the busy pace of life slows down dramatically after New Year's Day, but it seems like things have only become busier and busier this year. I've been so busy with life this winter and spring that I didn't take the time to slow down and reflect on what Christ has done for me. Oh, how he has blessed me!
Good Friday came and went this week--we were traveling to visit my family, and my excitement of seeing everyone took my focus off of what that day was all about. It didn't really hit me until we were singing the old Easter hymns in church today. When we sang, "Up from the grave He arose!", I nearly lost it! My Savior conquered death and rose triumphant over death and sin--but he had to suffer and die a horrible death first, taking my sin and the sin of the world on his perfect, sinless self. I do not deserve the grace he has given me, but I am oh, so grateful!
I mentioned visiting family earlier--we went to my hometown to visit my parents, and all my siblings were there, along with their spouses and children. The only one missing from the scene was my sister's husband, who was busy working all weekend at the church where he is the worship pastor. Two grandparents, four adult children, three spouses, and nine grandchildren--sound chaotic? Well yes, it was, but what fun we had! The kids had a blast playing together, and it was fun to see everyone again. We have only all been together a couple of times in the last five years.
Last night, we attempted to get a picture of all the grandkids together--I am putting it mildly when I say it didn't work out very well! They were gathered around a slide in my brother's TV room, and half the kids were going down the slide while only a couple of them were posing for the camera. We finally gave up! We did get the kids to all sit together for a picture after church today. My sister-in-law took the picture, so I'll post it once I get a copy from her. And speaking of pictures, I did pose for a belly shot today...I'll try and get that up on here in a day or two!
Happy Easter! Christ is risen--he is risen indeed!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait for that belly shot!! =)
Post a Comment