Zach is now 7 weeks old, and is growing by the second! I thought he was going to be our little guy, but he seems determined to catch up to Toby's size as fast as possible! He goes to see the doctor next week, so I'll give the official height and weight report then, but I do know he is already past 10 pounds! (Which means he's gained more than 3 pounds in a month and a half!)
Some proud moments for me with Zach:
* He rolled over at two weeks old! At first I thought it was a fluke thing, but he's been doing it several times each week since then.
* He is very alert now, which is fun. He's awake a lot more now than even a week ago, and I enjoy looking into those beautiful blue eyes! (I hope they stay blue--they're gorgeous!)
* He's already sleeping better at night than Toby slept at 18 months! (This is not saying much--Toby didn't start sleeping through the night until he was almost 2.) Zach gets up about 2 times each night--very doable, for now!
* He's a great traveler! We just got home from a 10-day vacation, with LOTS of car time. He amazed us with how well he did!
Toby is still loving his little brother...most of the time! He gives Zach several kisses each day, and is very concerned if he walks into a room and sees me but not Baby Zach. On the other hand, we have to watch Toby to make sure he doesn't beat the little guy up--Toby has a mean slapshot with his hockey stick! Toby is into every sport, and he really seems to be a natural (yes, I am a proud mommy who likes to brag on her kids).
We've taken hundreds of pictures in the last month since I've posted, but I won't overwhelm you too much, so I'll just post some favorites--I think I can narrow it down to about 20 or so!
In this first set of pics, Zach is about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 weeks old.
This is one of my favorites because it shows how
tiny Zach was, especially compared to Big Brother
Toby. I was also impressed with how well he
held up his head during tummy time.
tiny Zach was, especially compared to Big Brother
Toby. I was also impressed with how well he
held up his head during tummy time.
I went upstairs to put Zach down for a nap,
and when I came down to get Toby, this is
how I found him. Unfortunately, he had a
poopy diaper, so I carried him upstairs, took
his pants off, changed the diaper, put his pants
back on, and tucked him in bed...he didn't flinch
or open an eye throughout the whole ordeal!

and when I came down to get Toby, this is
how I found him. Unfortunately, he had a
poopy diaper, so I carried him upstairs, took
his pants off, changed the diaper, put his pants
back on, and tucked him in bed...he didn't flinch
or open an eye throughout the whole ordeal!
My mom made the boys "I'm the big/little brother"
T-shirts on her embroidery machine. They are so
cute, but it was hard to get a good picture of the
kids together.
Here is Toby with Grandma Fry. She came to
visit mid-June, along with Grandpa Fry and
Great Grandpa & Grandma Peterson. I love
this picture!
visit mid-June, along with Grandpa Fry and
Great Grandpa & Grandma Peterson. I love
this picture!
Toby with cousins Levi & Jocelyn--snack time!
This is my Grandma Sveet. It's hard to see her
becoming so frail, but I'm glad we got to see
her a couple of weeks ago.
becoming so frail, but I'm glad we got to see
her a couple of weeks ago.
Toby got his first tractor ride with Uncle
Stephen at the farm. He didn't say a word
when we were riding, but it's all he talked
about the rest of the week!
Stephen at the farm. He didn't say a word
when we were riding, but it's all he talked
about the rest of the week!
Petting the chicks at Old MacDonald's Farm
in Rapid City. It was a fun farm, complete
with pony rides and pig races!
in Rapid City. It was a fun farm, complete
with pony rides and pig races!
We went to a Minnesota Twins game last week.
It was a lot of fun, even though the Yankees won.
Toby bats left-handed, so my dad taught him to
say he hits just like Joe Mauer! (Mauer is the
catcher and a power hitter for the Twins--and
he bats left-handed.) Toby was excited to actually
see Joe Mauer at bat!
It was a lot of fun, even though the Yankees won.
Toby bats left-handed, so my dad taught him to
say he hits just like Joe Mauer! (Mauer is the
catcher and a power hitter for the Twins--and
he bats left-handed.) Toby was excited to actually
see Joe Mauer at bat!
Our future Major League player!
Oops, most of these pictures were of Toby. I'd better start snapping more photos of Zach!

No comments:
Post a Comment