Monday, August 10, 2009

Pictures to Come...

Here I go again, sending a round of apologies for not updating my blog more often (and wondering if anyone still has faith in me to keep checking if I’ve posted). I really do have good intentions of keeping everyone updated on our lives!

We were definitely spoiled earlier this summer—after working very long hours at work for several months, Dan was able to take a break. He took four weeks of vacation, and it was wonderful to have him around the house again! As late July approached, Dan went back to work…in Alabama! He is in the middle of a 5-week-long leadership course. The kids and I were able to come along, which we are grateful for. Families are actually encouraged to come along for this course, and they have a lodging area for people who bring their families. There are several other families here, so we are making many new friends. There is a playground right outside our room, complete with a sandbox, and there’s also an indoor playground for when it’s storming or after you’ve been outside in the heat for too long. It’s been in the 90s here, with humidity levels near 100%, so it feels unbearable pretty quickly!

Unfortunately, the Internet connection in our room isn't fast enough for me to upload all the pictures I've taken these last two weeks. I'm hoping to find a coffee shop or something tomorrow that has a fast connection...I have lots of pictures to share! Stay tuned...I will post the pictures as soon as I am able to!

No comments: