We were told the family lodging was small, but we had no idea just how small it really is! It’s much smaller than a normal hotel room would be, although it does have a little kitchenette. Everything is all in one room, so it’s been a challenge to keep our sanity with two small children in such a small living space—we are learning to manage, though. I thought I’d post some pictures to give you an idea of what our living quarters are like, although the place is smaller than the pictures make it seem.
View from the entrance
View from kitchenette
View from entrance
View from our bed - a small closet, where
Zach sleeps, and a tiny bathroom
Since the Upper Midwest doesn’t have too many beaches, we decided to trek 3 hours south of Montgomery, Alabama, and head to the ocean. We spent this past weekend in the Pensacola/Ft. Walton Beach, Florida, area, and had a very relaxing time. We loved being on the beach, although Toby was intimidated by the waves. He spent most of our time there playing in the sand, but he enjoyed himself. Dan and I were able to swim a bit, and the water felt so great! Zach lay in the shade the whole time, and was in his element just to be outside, with the gulf breeze blowing on him (at least until the sand flew in his face!)

Daddy & Baby feet
Tiny toes
Saturday evening, we went to see our friends, Nick and April. We met them when Dan was in pilot training in Mississippi—he and Nick were in the same class. The last time we saw each other, none of us had children. It was a lot of fun to catch up and to see each other as parents. Their adorable boy is Jaxon, and he is 7 months old.
Toby really liked Baby Jaxon!


April & Zach

At 5 p.m. each weekday, the National Anthem is played on base over loudspeakers. The kids all love when the music comes on. They race to the edge of the play area and dance throughout the song, then clap when it’s over. It’s the most adorable thing! There’s usually 5-7 kids out for this, but most of them weren’t there yesterday.
Here are some other favorite pictures from the last two weeks in Alabama.
It always melts me when Toby wants to hold
and love on Zach. He's been trying to play rough
with him lately, but I love when he holds him
tenderly and speaks softly to him.

April & Zach
Sunday afternoon, we visited more friends in Florida—Matt and Nikki. Dan knew them in college, and I met them when we lived in Mississippi. I used to babysit little Gracen at our church, where Nikki attended MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers). He was just a year old then, and now he’s 5 and has a 3-year-old sister, Verity. They are two of the sweetest kids I’ve met!
After a weekend of fun in the sun, we’re back in Alabama. I took some pictures yesterday of the playground outside—this is where the kids and I spend most of each day.
At 5 p.m. each weekday, the National Anthem is played on base over loudspeakers. The kids all love when the music comes on. They race to the edge of the play area and dance throughout the song, then clap when it’s over. It’s the most adorable thing! There’s usually 5-7 kids out for this, but most of them weren’t there yesterday.
Here are some other favorite pictures from the last two weeks in Alabama.
It always melts me when Toby wants to hold
and love on Zach. He's been trying to play rough
with him lately, but I love when he holds him
tenderly and speaks softly to him.
One day, Toby found two empty cereal boxes,
put them on his feet, and declared that they are
his hockey skates! The kid LOVES hockey...and
pretty much every sport!

put them on his feet, and declared that they are
his hockey skates! The kid LOVES hockey...and
pretty much every sport!
More Toby holding Zach
I like this picture because I can just see Toby saying,
"Ohhhh." He's so sweet when he tries to comfort
Zach when he cries.
"Ohhhh." He's so sweet when he tries to comfort
Zach when he cries.
1 comment:
Great pictures! thanks for posting them. I had no idea you were living in that small of a place for over a month! Glad you're able to keep sane. I can't believe how big Zach is now...yep, I can see him being another Toby. We're praying for you guys and miss you. See you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment