Well, if you received our Christmas e-letter, you read that I have made it a goal for 2010 to keep my blog updated. And, of course, I'm not off to a good start! I promise, I do have good intentions, so please don't give up on me! =)
Since this is my first post for 2010, I want to start out by wishing you a Happy New Year! We are 22 days into the year, and it's already been quite interesting! I started off the new year with a broken arm--we were in Colorado for the holiday, and I fell onto my wrist and elbow while snowboarding in the Rockies. (If you're wondering if I at least was able to get a few runs in before the accident, the answer is yes--I fell at the end of the day, and was even able to finish boarding down the mountain!) Turns out I broke my radius at the elbow. It is healing nicely, and I should be back to full strength in about 2 weeks.
Probably the most interesting thing about having the broken arm has been taking care of the kids. Dan had to go from Colorado to Oklahoma for a month of training, so I flew back home with the kids, minus use of my left arm (and wouldn't you know, I am left-handed!). I will say that it is not an experience I would like to repeat anytime soon (or ever!), but I had a lot of help from several sympathetic people, and the trip actually went okay.
I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has helped me since I fell and broke my arm, especially my parents and my in-laws. I stayed with my in-laws for a week after my accident, and it was great to have the help with changing the boys' diapers, etc. Since I've been back in ND, I've had one or both of my parents with me to help. I am now back in my hometown staying with them, getting some extra assistance until my arm heals. I plan to head back home again in a couple of weeks, just before Dan returns home.
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for my healing and/or expressed sympathy in these past 3 weeks! Stay tuned for more Fry Family updates and pictures soon!
~Michelle
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment