Friday, April 2, 2010

Going Bananas

Thanks, everyone who either left a comment or emailed me to let me know you still check my blog from time to time. It's nice to know that you all haven't given up on me!

Since I talked about my weight loss goals in my last post, I guess I'll start this post with my progress. The past two weeks, I have been running and running and RUNNING! Last Saturday I ran eight miles, and I did it in 1 hour, 18 minutes. Before then, the farthest distance I'd ever run was 6.7 miles, so it felt like a huge accomplishment! The weather's been nice lately, so I've been taking the kiddos in my jogging stroller to run outside. Toby enjoys just being outside, and Zach usually gets in a short nap. I'm a little nervous about tomorrow, though. Because I have a busy day planned I need to run in the morning...but it's supposed to be cold and rain, so I'll be going indoors for that. The problem is, tomorrow is a 9-mile run, and I don't think Zach will last that long in the play area at the gym. Please say a prayer that I'll make it through! I did go running in a light rain once last week--I put the rain shield up on the stroller so the kids would stay dry. They both conked out that day, so I had to take a picture of them when I returned home:



Dan left today for another work trip. Each time he leaves, it gets harder and harder to say goodbye. I guess that's a good thing, though--it means we have a good relationship! I'm not going to lie, today was tough. I was already emotional with saying goodbye to him, and then I went to our church's Good Friday service. Thinking about Dan being gone, and then about the sacrifice Christ made for me on that cross, I became a wreck! I had tears streaming down my face through most of the service--thankfully, the lights were dimmed so I don't think anyone noticed! Having said that, though, the day Dan leaves is always the toughest day of the separation for me...I'll be in a much better mood tomorrow!

And speaking of tomorrow, I'm taking the kids to an Eggstravaganza tomorrow morning. Toby should have fun with all the games, face painting, food, candy, egg hunt, etc. (Did I mention candy?) I signed up to bring bananas to share at the party, so before coming home tonight after church I went to Target to buy some bananas. The selection was so picked over that after I loaded my cart there were only a few bananas left.

Before going through checkout, I decided to look at the Easter baskets. Before I realized what was happening, Toby reached up to grab a basket, and in the process stepped on (and squished) all the bananas! What a mess! With my emotions already running high today, I'm ashamed to say I overreacted and scared Toby a little bit. He impressed me, though--he said he was sorry without me having to prompt him (to which I had to apologize to him for my overreacting). Thankfully, Target had a small banana display by the checkout, so I was able to replenish the supply for tomorrow's party.

1 comment:

Vi said...

Oh No! It's okay to go bananas sometimes Michelle!! you're going through a rough patch but that doesn't mean you won't pull through!! And just think...Toby will love you no matter what. despite the squishy bananas and a mom that has gone bananas ;).
Hope your Easter was beautiful just like you are!