Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy 2012! I'm not usually one for making big New Year's resolutions, especially the same predictable ones that nearly everybody makes, but this year I'm joining the crowd. My New Year's resolution is to lose weight, get in great shape, and be healthy! New Year or not, I was going to do this anyway after Baby Matt's arrival--the timing of his birth with the coming of 2012 just worked out well. Matthias was born just after Thanksgiving, so I allowed myself all the holiday indulgences, and I am now ready to hit the pavement, get back into running and cycling, and let Jillian Michaels coach me in shredding fat through her exercise DVDs.

My local fitness center is having a "Biggest Loser" contest, which starts tomorrow. I've joined a team of three other women, and am determined to be a real competitor in this challenge. The contest goes into the beginning of May, so I have 4 solid months to work hard, be disciplined, and meet some goals. By the time the challenge is over, I will have run a half marathon again, and I'm planning to be 35 pounds lighter than I am today. By posting these goals, I'm counting on readers to keep me accountable, and "going public" with this should keep me motivated to keep pressing on toward my goals. Thanks in advance for your help, readers!

Happy New Year--may 2012 be a wonderful year!

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

go Michelle, you're going to rock that challenge! Good luck! and Happy New Year!