Sunday, January 18, 2009

I know, I know...

...it's high time I updated my blog, right? Sorry, I know my posts have been few and far between lately--I will try and work on that! Here's what's been going on with the Frys:

We had a great Christmas visiting my family, and Dan's parents came to our house for New Year's. We had a blast, and Toby was really spoiled by all of his grandparents!

I am still teaching my prenatal water aerobics class, but due to low turnout, we will be cancelling the class after the end of the month. It's been fun teaching, but to be honest, I'm ready for a break. I'm looking forward to working out at the gym next to my house again, where I don't have the 1/2 hour commute each way.

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I don't usually, but if I have one this year, it is to get organized! I'm not talking crazy OCD organization--just any kind of organization would be great! I have jillions of papers to sort and file or shred, and my closets are full of junk! My scrapbooking and quilt supplies have been thrown in boxes to be sorted...later. I will start slow, but want to quasi-organize all of this stuff in the next couple of months! Oh, and I would like to file taxes early this year (but that goes back to the whole sorting papers thing, so we'll see).

I am more than half way through my pregnancy--woohoo! I've been feeling great (other than big), and recently went in for my ultrasound. By the way, I am having another boy! I am so excited for Toby--he'll have a brother to play (and fight) with.

Since I've been pregnant before, I haven't needed to buy much this time around--especially since my sisters-in-law lent me a bunch of their maternity clothes. I have splurged on a couple of items, though, and I only wish I had them when I was pregnant with Toby! The first is the BellaBand (www.ingridandisabel.com). I started this pregnancy slightly smaller than I did when I was pregnant with Toby, so my maternity pants are all a little big. This band fits on top of my pants, holding them up--what a lifesaver, and it's pretty comfortable! I bought one in black, and am thinking of getting a white one as well. The other huge help has been the Boppy Total Boppy Pillow (www.target.com). It is so hard to find a comfortable sleeping position, but this pillow is awesome! It came with a warning--"Your husband will try and steal it," and they're right! Actually, I think Dan gets a little jealous of it, poor guy! I'm wrapped around the pillow all night long! I've also ordered a new maternity swimsuit--the one I had with Toby is really worn out, and my pre-pregnancy suit is not covering as much anymore! I do still plan to swim, even though I won't be teaching my class anymore.

I'll try and update my blog more often so I don't write a book every time I post! Time to catch up on my blog reading, now--I'm nearly as far behind in that as I was in writing here!

P.S. Thanks, Dawn, for updating my blog background again, and for adding the baby countdown! You are awesome!

2 comments:

LeroyLime said...

you are SOOO welcome, are the colors okay? If there's anything you don't like just pop me an email.

braunfamiliaintexas@satx.rr.com

ciao! Dawn

The Wabeke's said...

We are so glad to hear that you haven't had to buy too much for your upcoming bundle of joy. The amount of money we have spent on Jaxon so far has given Nick a permaneant vein in his forehead but I'm sure Dan can testify that he is not suprised in the least about this.

And as far as the taxes go... do you guys use turbotax? They have a free version for military members and so far we have gotten way more back than when we have used the tax center on base or HR Block. The fact that you will get money back always seems to motivate nick into getting the taxes done earlier!

If you guys are ever near Destin again (like back in the day) let us know you are always welcome in our house!