What's the term when you're pregnant and have cravings for non-food items? I didn't experience this with my first pregnancy, but this time around, I am loving the smell of witch hazel. No, I don't want to eat it, but I think I could open up a jar of it and just breathe in the scent all day!
If you know what witch hazel is used for, you probably think I am crazy--don't worry, you're not alone! I'm almost ashamed to even admit this! I think the reason I am loving the smell so much is it reminds me of having a newborn. The nurses gave me witch hazel pads after I gave birth to Toby, so its scent was around for awhile after we came home from the hospital. I have also been nostalgic lately. Toby is growing up so fast, which I am excited for, but I also miss those newborn days with him, snuggling all day long. My baby is no longer a baby, and in a way it breaks my heart. I am excited, though, to watch him continue to grow up and learn new things and become more independent. And soon enough, I will have another newborn around the house to cuddle with and nurse to sleep.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now you get to look forward to trying to nurse and snuggle with a newborn while a toddler is throwing a tantrum in the background ;) No, I'm just kidding....now you can look forward to watching Toby snuggle with his new brother or sister. That's priceless!!
Post a Comment