I decided today was a great day to stay INSIDE the house today! At 8 a.m. I looked out my window to see a school bus parked across the street picking up childeren. I soon realized it wasn't parked, but trying to move on the slippery street! We had some freezing rain last night and this morning, and the streets were so icy, it took the bus 20 minutes to move 30 feet! When Dan came home from work, he said he had nearly fallen on the ice not once, but twice! I am sure glad I didn't have to go anywhere today!
On another note, I am sure thankful for the awesome house we live in. However, I have one complaint: Why, oh why, did they carpet the dining room??!!!! There is tile in the entry, which is connected to the carpeted dining room, which is connected to the tiled kitchen. It would have been easier to just tile the entire floor! (Not to mention look better and be more efficicient!) Even without kids, it would be hard to keep a carpeted dining room clean, but with Toby, it is impossible!!! When we move (which shouldn't be for awhile yet), I know we will have to replace this carpet because of all the Toby spills, but the sad part is we will just be paying to put the exact same carpet in, since we do not own our house. Ahhh!!! Okay, thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now. Kind of.
I will try and get some pictures up on here soon. I know I've been lazy...sorry!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, so this is an ugly suggestion and I regret giving it to you...you can buy those "puzzle piece" looking rubber floor tiles at Wal-Mart and place them over the dining room floor so that the carpet will stay clean while you live there. You see them all the time at gyms. Anyway, it's not pretty, but it will keep the carpet clean!!
Post a Comment