Saturday, September 26, 2009

My First Race

Well, I did it--I ran my very first race today! It was the Fall Frolic 10K in Grand Forks (6.2 miles). This morning was the farthest I have ever run; I am very tired this afternoon, but am so glad I was able to finish! It was a pretty chilly morning, with temps around 60--great for running, but a little cool for the cheering section!

I went into the race with two goals. Goal #1: Complete the race--like I said, I had never run that far before, so the most important goal for me was to finish, not necessarily to run very fast. With that goal accomplished, I had Goal #2: Finish the race in less than one hour, five minutes. Well, I finished at 1:00:11.3, so I was happy!

I finished 13th out of 20 women, and 30th out of 38 total runners. I am so excited that I finished! If you are interested in seeing everyone’s results, click here. Now it’s time to start training for the Fargo Half Marathon in May. It’s on May 22nd, which is Dan’s and my 6th anniversary, and as long as there are no injuries or work trips at the time, we are making it a date! Dan said he’d run at my speed so we could do it together—what a sweetheart!


The lineup (we started and finished in the same
place). I was about 3/4 of of the way back.


And we're off!

At the top of the final hill. The home stretch!

Just before crossing the finish line.

I did it!


While I was running, Dan had the kids (thanks, Hon, you're the best!). Dan and Toby played on the playground before lining up to watch me finish. He took some pretty cute pictures of our boys.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I already told you once, but I'll say it again, I am SO STINKING PROUD of you!! =)

Vi said...

is that a cocoon of some sort that Zach's in??

yay for finishing. hi-five from CA!!

LeroyLime said...

Goooo Michelle!! Way to go girl and MAN do you have some LONG strides!! WOW!

Awesome job! and good luck training for the next...

Michelle Fry said...

Thanks, everyone! I am pretty excited that I was able to do it.

Vi, it does look like a cocoon, doesn't it? It's a weather cover for the carseat--keeps him quite warm and cozy!