Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Wood Ticks, Oh My!

Okay, so I didn't come across any lions or tigers today, but the wood ticks sure found me! Ick! My in-laws are visiting me this week, and we decided to go to the nearby state park and do some hiking. It was great to be outside, and we had lots of fun, but I was literally attacked by ticks!

Shortly after we began hiking, I looked down and saw a tick on my pant leg. Not cool--I despise those things (okay, I'm just not a fan of bugs and insects in general)! I plucked that guy off of me, and soon my mother-in-law found one on my back! I did another leg check and found four more crawling up my pants! Disgusting! When that trail ended, I got the Off spray from the car and doused myself with it--but to no avail. I found 8 more on my legs later, and again, my mother-in-law caught a couple crawling up my back.

I had at least 14 wood ticks on my body today (I lost track of counting them all)--my mother-in-law found two on herself, and my father-in-law had one. Thankfully, the ticks stayed away from Toby! I don't know why the ticks liked me so much today, but next time I go hiking in the woods, I will avoid wearing black and green--they seemed to be attracted to those colors!

2 comments:

LeroyLime said...

oh you just gave me the willies!!! ewwww!!! I can't stand bugs and ticks are high on the list, ick! glad none of them had time to latch on, ahhhh....

Bty, thanks girl...didn't know you had a blog, cool (and you are quite hilarious with your writings!) if you need something to do friday night (tomorrow), come on over. Rachelle is doing a CM party and everyone is making a SU father's day card too (at my house in town) you can bring Toby too!

Lisa said...

gross! i'm squirming in my chair thinking about it. that is literally my biggest fear everytime we go camping i'm so sorry it happened to you. i'm just glad that they stayed away from little toby. i'm going to be having nightmares about it today, i can tell. yuck...