Monday, May 26, 2008

No More Naps!

Last week was a very trying week for me as a mother. Toby, the happiest boy in the world, was unhappy all week--unless I was holding him. While I enjoy my cuddle time with my son, I do need to get some work done around the house (not to mention, my arms get tired from holding a 28-pound toddler all day!). Any time I set him down last week, he cried and looked at me like I was the meanest person alive. On top of that, he decided he could only nap if I was holding him...if I laid him in his crib, it was scream city until I finally gave in and picked him up again! So, Toby's only naps last week were either if I laid down with him and slept, or in the car going into town.

In Toby's defense, he has endured several changes lately, which are more than likely contributing to his behavior. His daddy's been away with work for nearly two months, and Toby and I have been doing a lot of traveling visiting family. He has also been teething. Thankfully, today was much better! I did start to lose my patience when he again refused to nap, but at least he was more independent today. I was able to work out, do laundry, cook dinner, pick up around the house, and write on my blog--which I think adds up to more than I was able to accomplish all of last week!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

oh no! melissa stopped taking naps completely when she turned one. i was devastated! so i hope that its only because of the change of his routine. it sure sounds like you are getting lots done though, more that i do even. good for you. i hope little toby starts cooperating for your sake/