So, I went to Wal-mart tonight--just a quick stop, comparing items. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I didn't end up buying anything. Apparently, this does not happen often at Wal-mart, because I was stopped by the security guy as I was pushing Toby out of the store in an otherwise-empty shopping cart.
First, the security guy wanted to see my bag--I've been using a backback as my diaper bag lately for convenience, but I guess it looked suspicious tonight. He then gave me a doubtful look and said, "You didn't buy anything tonight?" After telling him his store didn't have what I was looking for, he let me go, apologizing for taking my time. He was nice enough about it (if you can call someone nice after they've practically accused you of shoplifting), but I must say I don't think a mom pushing a toddler in a cart is your typical shoplifter--although I could be wrong!
On another note, you have probably heard about the possible danger of the plastics containing the chemical Bisphenol-A. When I first heard about BPA, I ignored it--it seems like there's always some new thing in the news that sends panic throughout the continent! But the subject came up again tonight in conversation, so I decided to do some research on it. The general concensus among scientists and bottle-makers is that it isn't known to be harmful in the amounts spread from bottles and sippy cups, but even so, most companies are planning to discontinue making plastics with BPA in the next year or two. Just to be safe, I am throwing out my AVENT bottles (AVENT is coming out with a BPA-free bottle later this year), and I just ordered some Born Free bottles. I was thrilled to discover, however, that all of Toby's sippy cups and bowls are BPA-free, as well as my Medela breastpump and accessories, so I don't need to replace his entire cupboard!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You'd be surprised at the types of people who shoplift! Plus, nowadays policemen can't "profile" people, so they just randomly check people for stuff no matter what they look like.
About the plastic warnings: There's no telling what my kids all have in their little systems! They were all Avent bottle babies until they were like 2. That's actually breaking 2 "rules" because babies are supposed to be off of bottles when they turn 1! So they were drinking out of bad plastic bottles for 1 year too long! Sheesh--I lost my "mother of the year" award a long time ago. :)
Post a Comment