One of my favorite things about summer in the Upper Midwest is the long days--daylight from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. After the short hours of daylight in winter, it is so rewarding to have a season of sunshine. However, this is not very conducive to Toby's sleep schedule. He has been waking up at 5:30 a.m. all week, thinking it must be time to get up and play!
Today I bought a room-darkening shade to put in Toby's bedroom window. I'm hoping it will filter out most of the light so he will sleep a little later--is 10 a.m. too much to ask? Okay, I would settle for 7 or 7:30. I was a little apprehensive in putting the shade up tonight. After all, Dan always takes care of this type of chore! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to using drills, hammers, wrenches, etc., but I am proud to announce I completed this task all by myself! Toby did try to help me by stepping on the shade as I was trying to lift it into the brackets, and he pushed the adhesive on slightly crooked while I was trying to align it, but it worked in the end!
Here's to hoping the shade will do its job and keep the sunshine from waking my son in the early morning hours!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment