Thursday, October 23, 2008

Monkeys in my Shoes

Yes, you read that right! I sat down to put on my shoes the other day, and as I stuck my foot in my left shoe, I felt foreign objects in there. Toby had stuffed three of his barrel-of-monkeys in my shoe! It was nice to start my day off with a laugh!

Toby is saying more and more words all the time! He's starting to repeat what we say, so we'd better watch our tongues! ;) Toby's favorite words: puppy, ball, baby, manana (banana), bapa (grandpa), shoe, peach, cheese, and my favorite--Mommy.

Dan came home on Monday from his 6-week work trip, and Toby ran circles all day--he was so excited to have his Daddy back! Monday night, Toby woke up just before midnight crying. Dan went in and rocked with him for a minute, and he was sound asleep again--he just needed to know his daddy was there! How precious!

I'd better sign off and head to bed--I am teaching my aquanatal exercise class in the morning. Attendance has been on and off. We put an ad in the paper, but it was announced as "AquaNeedle"--I'm sure nobody had any clue what that was!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you, last time I babysat, he saw A LOT of puppies!! EVERYTHING was a puppy! =) And then I just happened to have a petco ad on the coffee table, so we played "find the puppy" on each page. =) He did very well!! =)

Kate said...

Yeah, having kids has really shown me how selfish I am. Even if you don't say "bad words," you still have watch how you communicate things. Once, my kids were playing "house" in Jack's room and the girls were chasing each other around with the wooden spoon saying "Clean up NOW!" Wow, that was a huge wake-up call!

Lisa said...

michelle? oh michelle? where are you?

Michelle Fry said...

Sorry I disappeared for awhile! I'm back, with an updated post!