This summer sure has been a whirlwind--Toby starts school next week, and here I am thinking it should still be June! Well, I guess it is still June on my blog...I will try to catch up on here in the next day or so. The kids and I took a three-week vacation in June (Dan was along for the first week), camping, visiting family and friends, and attending my high school class reunion. It was a fun trip, and we were worn out by the time we came back home!
First stop: Nebraska. We spent the first night of vacation in a nice little Nebraska town. We found a fun park for the kids to run around in and burn some energy...and to top it all off, they were giving train rides! I accompanied the kiddos on the train, while Dan stayed behind to take pictures. The boys loved it--especially after being in the car all day!
Next stop: Rapid City. We spent one night in Rapid City, S.D. This was a random stop and not at all planned for our trip, but being able to be flexible was part of the fun of the entire vacation. Many thanks to our friend Denae, who offered us a place to stay when we called and said we would be in town in an hour! And we were also able to have a quick lunch with our friends Bob and Meagan, who also had no idea we were coming to town!
We didn't have a lot of time for all the fun tourist attractions in town, but Dan and I thought the kids would most enjoy Reptile Gardens. Success! The boys had a blast, and didn't want to leave! They especially loved all the different snakes...and I was just glad they were (mostly) all behind glass cages! =P
| Waiting for the Snake Show to begin. |
| Can you tell that my kids were enjoying this?! |
| As I took this picture, the show host was joking that they fed this python small children for dinner. And then he held the snake out towards Zach... |
| ...who immediately jumped back to avoid being python food! ;) |
| Crocodile/Alligator show... |
| Chocolate Face! |
Next stop on our vacation: camping!!! Watch for the next post, coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment