Monday, April 21, 2008

One Year Ago

One year ago you came to me
And the world was suddenly as it should be.

One year ago we snuggled while
I gazed down at you and saw your first smile.

One year ago I heard your cry
And my heart was breaking for you inside.

One year ago you alternated between rest
And latching on to eat a meal from my breast.

One year ago I became your mother;
It seems as though we were made for each other.

One year ago you became my son.
You’re such a joy, and today you turn one.

Wherever life takes us, remember what’s true:
You’ll be my baby forever, and I’ll always love you.


~Happy Birthday, Toby!


3 comments:

Sharon said...

Michelle, that's so sweet! What a blessing Toby is.

Kate said...

I wish I could see him in person!! We miss you guys so much!!!

Michelle Fry said...

I can't believe how fast our children are growing up!