Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Generations

This weekend, I took Toby to visit his great-grandparents, and I was struck by the joy they brought each other. There is an 87-year gap between my child and my grandfather, who suffers from short-term memory loss. He may never remember who Toby is, or the relation he shares with him, but the joy on his face was as great as my son's as Toby "walked" him all around the house. I don't know how many more moments like this the two will share--I hope there will be many--but I will always remember the bond they shared this one day, if only for a few hours. I love you, Grandpa.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

i didnt know you blogged too! isnt it lovely? well we are very much enjoying our house and even more the fact that we are home again. we love san antonio! i hope that the snow is melted or at least melting up there.

Sharon said...

What a great picture and special memories. It's neat to see our babies with their great-greandparents!

Michelle Fry said...

The snow has melted, but we're still waiting for the sunshine and warm weather! We all have spring fever here!

I wish I could place that picture in my Grandpa's memory. It's tough to know that he will never remember the joy he felt that day walking around with his great-grandson!