So why does a Mass Comm. major, who has always loved to write and intends to persue a career in writing/editing, shy away from writing on her blog more than once every four months? I'd like to use the excuse that I don't have enough time; after all, I am a mother of a very busy infan-becoming-toddler, and it's hard enough just to raise him and keep the house looking halfways clean. Then I realize I can't use that excuse, as I spend a couple hours online every day, doing absolutely nothing productive.
If I'm honest with myself, the whole idea of publishing online is a little intimidating. Yes, I've always loved to write, and yes, I am confident in my writing skills, but I am not used to sharing my work so openly. It was different when I worked as a reporter; I had assignments then, with specific things to write about--none of which were personal reflection stories. In many ways, writing on this blog is like writing in a diary--only now, my reflections are open to the masses. Please be patient with me as I work up the courage to post on here more often.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment