We had to take Toby to the emergency room the other night, and I thought we would never get in! Toby woke up at 9:30 wheezing and really struggling for breath. Asthma runs in our family, and I wasn't sure if that's what it was, or if maybe something was lodged in his throat, but we frantically jumped in the car and rushed to the ER. It is a bit of a drive, and the roads were a little slick, so by the time we got there it was nearly 10 p.m. Thankfully, Toby was able to relax a little, and his breathing was a lot better by the time we arrived, though he was still wheezing a little. Two and a half hours later we were finally admitted!!! The waiting room was packed when we got there, and I know they called in at least one extra doctor, but that was ridiculous!
Yes, Toby is just fine...he kept getting better as the night wore on. The doctor said it was the croup, and I was a little doubtful at first, because prior to going to bed that night, Toby seemed like the healthiest boy in the world. But ever since then, he definitely has a cold. He is in bed now taking a much-needed long nap. Hmmm...maybe I'll go join him!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AHH!! I am SOO glad he is ok!! =) What an aweful scare tho!!
Post a Comment