Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Mouths of Children

On Wednesdays, I help out with our church's children's program. I am one of the teachers for the 3 to 5-year-old class, which is split into 3 groups that go around to different stations--games, story time, and Bible verse/snack time. Normally, I stay in the Bible verse and snack room, where I help the children with their memory verses--it is a pretty laid-back time. Yesterday, though, they needed help in the story room, so I was in there. It was such a blessing to see the children listening to the Bible story and interacting with the teacher. Here are a couple of examples of what was said:

Teacher: "Do you think Jesus knows everything?"
Children: "Yeah!"
Boy E: "You mean, like the alphabet?"

Teacher: "Have any of you ever fallen out of a boat before?"
Girl C: "Yeah..." (telling a long story)..."We almost drained!"
Boy I: "You mean DROWNED-DED!"

I really enjoy helping the children learn and recite their Bible verses, but it was such a fun change to listen to the kids in this different atmosphere!

No comments: