When Zach was born, his Aunt Sheila crocheted a special gift for him: a small blanket with a matching teddy bear. Both items have been well used these past two and a half years, but the bear especially has become a treasured posession. Zach will not take a nap or go to bed at night without his precious bear in his arms. When the bear needs washing, I have to time it perfectly so the bear will be clean and dry before the next nap.
Because Zach tends to cry when I drop him off at daycare (or Sunday School, etc.), and because I knew he would have naptime at daycare that week, I thought it would be good for him to have his little lovey with him. I think it really helped when I dropped him off, but when I went to pick him up from daycare that last day, the bear was nowhere to be found. The childcare workers and I searched every nook and cranny of the room he was in (as well as the classroom next door), and also the playground outside. I looked in all the children's backbacks, dug through the trash cans, and searched everywhere I thought the bear could possibly be hiding. I was on the verge of panicking--what would we do at bedtime that night if we didn't have that oh-so-special bear? I was determined to find him, and just when I was about to give up after searching for an entire hour, he finally showed up. He was in the apron pocket belonging to one of the childcare workers who had already gone home for the day. Whew! We could rest easy now--the lost bear had been found!
Getting into the car minutes after finding the lost bear.
Now, back to my coach's certification course. Thankfully, I didn't have to do much running for the class--after doing a very small amount of running the first day, I was in pain all night long. Baby was not harmed in any way--however, he is sitting so low that the running caused him to put more pressure in some sensitive areas. I am looking forward to running again soon, but not until Baby has been born!
The class I took was all about learning natural running form--basically, how people run when they haven't been exposed to modern, western footwear. This form of running is much more efficient, and also causes fewer injuries, than the way most people run in America today. I learned a lot at the class, and am looking forward to changing my running style after Baby is born. After I'm back in shape and have practiced this better form of running, I am planning to take the certification test and become a Newton Natural Running Coach. To learn about this natural running style and why it is better for you, click here.


No comments:
Post a Comment