For several months now, Toby has been interested in the toilet (as a mom I have no privacy in the bathroom). Because of this, I bought him a potty chair a couple of months ago, and taught him the sign language for "potty." Since then, he's always doing the sign whenever we're in the bathroom, and I usually let him sit on the potty. Yes, he's young for potty training, but I figure it doesn't hurt to try early!
This morning, as soon as Toby woke up, he signed "potty." So, I stripped him down, sat him on his potty chair, and to my surprise, I heard a tinkle a few seconds later! I am under no illusions that he will be potty trained next week, but I am excited that he has made the connection of what it means to go potty in the toilet. I am so proud of my son!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hooray, way to go girl!!! Alasdair just figured out how to squeeze his hands together and is FASCINATED with them! We're trying to teach him milk and bye bye, we'll see...
holy cow that's exciting stuff!
YAY for Toby!! Don't boys usually take longer than girls!?!
Toby must be ABOVE average!!!
Good, job Michelle...and Toby!
Update--Toby went potty in the toilet again this morning! He's quite proud of himself, too!
Dawn--we taught Toby about 10 words in sign language, and they've been lifesavers! It's nice for the baby to be able to get his wishes across to his parents, and he doesn't have to whine. Milk was by far the most helpful...although I think potty is surpassing that! =)
Post a Comment