Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Me, a Water Aerobics Instructor?

When I was pregnant with Toby, I went regularly to water aerobics classes. It felt so good to get in the water--it makes you feel weightless, and once you're in the deep water, nobody can see your belly! I hadn't been to any water aerobics classes since before Toby was born, but I ran into my instructor last week at the store. She told me they are starting a prenatal water aerobics class next month, and are looking for a teacher. She also said they would hire me in a heartbeat!

Although very flattered by this, I am also nervous about the possibility. I love to be in the water, but I have never actually taken swimming lessons, and I know I don't have all the strokes down. I am also a slow swimmer, and the only times I've been in a pool the last 17 months were if I was taking Toby swimming. I just don't feel all that qualified for the job, but if I had some training, I think I would enjoy teaching the class. Major perk: I would get a free gym membership, with free childcare while I teach or work out.

What do you all think? Should I take the job?


Speaking of swimming, I went to a water aerobics class today--the same one I went to when I was pregnant. It is a killer class! Lots and lots of swimming, which I am not used to. I was exhausted all day! I also stayed under my calorie limit for today. I haven't finished my water yet, but I will do so before heading to bed. By the way, I managed to stay under my calorie limit yesterday, even though I didn't think I would. I made some really lean pork tenderloin, which was only 230 calories.

3 comments:

LeroyLime said...

Take it!!! Free membership, a workout, you CAN'T pass this one up but just remember that if you HATE it, you can always quit! :) It's worth a shot though!!!

Anonymous said...

DO IT!! That would be SO cool! And the only way to get better, is by doing it!!
I know a person (or two) by the name of Denae (or Danae) who would be happy to help you with the rest of the swimming strokes!!! I don't know much about the jumping around and stuff tho!!

Lisa said...

i say go for it! what have you got to lose, and it keeps you working out, give it a shot!