I roll my eyes when I read or hear someone say, "I usually don't talk publicly about my political beliefs, BUT..." Having said that, you can now roll your eyes at me. It's not a secret that I am a political conservative, but I don't like to get involved in debates either, so I'm usually pretty quiet about it. I could not keep quiet about this, though: Obama supports infanticide.Sometimes a partial birth abortion fails, and the baby lives, at least for a little while, breathing on its own, moving, and crying. In Illonois, these babies were left in a box in a "soil room" alone--to die. These babies are issued a birth certificate, as well as a certificate of death. Obama voted against a bill that would fight to keep these babies alive. Please take the time to watch the video and read the article. I will warn you, though--I burst into tears while watching the video, and the article really ticked me off.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Scary, isn't it?! Obama creeps me out. Thanks for sharing the video.
ohmy, i had never even heard of this before. how is this possible? that's the saddest thing i've ever seen. obama is really a dangerous person i think. thanks for sharing
I've done some checking up on this, and I believe that this add was a misrepresentation of Obama's record. Attached is a link to a site I've come to trust - principally because it won't pull punches from anyone.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/obama_and_infanticide.html
It's political season, and so mistruths are spoken by anyone and everyone, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally. People know that the more shocking they can be, the more they'll create bad images, whether they're true or not. Research is always good.
It is good to check facts--thanks for sharing that link. I did read the article, and I am still upset by the whole thing. Even in the article, Obama was quoted as basically saying he does not believe these babies are human beings. Yes, they may only be 20 weeks gestation, but they are as much a baby as Toby was the day he was born. My cousin's baby was born around 20 weeks gestation and lived. Was he still considered unborn until his due date? Not at all!
Just so there is no misunderstanding, I am not defending Obama's formal position on abortion. I hope that wasn't implied at all.
Hope all is well!
Post a Comment