Friday, September 26, 2008

OK--I'm back

Sorry for not keeping you all updated like I promised! I have been putting this off, because I have not been doing very well! Last weekend, I visited my brother and his family, and did not keep track of my calories. I didn't eat too badly--a couple of small indulgences, like soda--my first one in 2 weeks! I stepped on the scale on Monday, and my weight had stayed the same from Friday, although I had lost 2 1/2 pounds from the previous Monday.

Okay, that was last week. This week = not so good! I've been lazy and haven't really worked out (I did water aerobics one day, swam for a few minutes with Toby yesterday, and lots of housework on Tuesday), but I haven't kept track of what I've been eating now for a week. When I don't keep track, I tend to eat too much. And this weekend is not going to be good--I'm already off to a bad start, but am at a family reunion, where we sit around visiting, eating chocolate, other sweets, and drinking lots of soda! At least I'll get a little exercise chasing after all the kids! Our hotel does have a fitness room, so maybe I'll get ambitious in the morning and get my blood pumping. I promise to do better next week--I still want to look good in 3 1/2 weeks when Dan gets home from his work trip!

Thank you to everyone who has left me comments on here and on Facebook. Your encouragement means a lot to me. And Lisa, thanks for keeping me accountable for posting my progress! I need a kick in the butt sometimes--I'll try not to go overboard too much this weekend, and like I said, I'll hit it hard again on Monday!

No comments: